Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Oscar Red Carpet Fashion 2011

Suppressed deep down inside me, I believe there's a bit of a fashionista in me, and that part of me just goes crazy on Oscar night. It truly sucks being a guy, because you're forced into the stereotypical suit and tie, whereas the women get such a dramatic variation of what they can wear. Mila Kunis was amongst the most impressive of the night, and made the best of not snagging a nomination. Michelle Williams was just so pretty and petite in a way, and I just kept floating my eyes back her way. Natalie Portman was as beautiful as a pregnant girl could possibly be, with her dress amplifying her natural glow.

Anne Hathaway had so many looks throughout the night, but the one she rocked the best was quite honestly the royal blue one. The most overrated dress of the night was Jennifer Hudson's, because that orange thing she wore just rubbed the wrong way, and seeing the underside of her breast didn't help in the slightest. The most underrated was Scarlett Johansson, who also rocked the purple dress, and the cutoff nature of it really struck me in the perfect way. However, the best of the night, regardless of her simple her dress was, was Jennifer Lawrence who I guarantee had every man in
the audience ogling her at everyone opportunity. You can see all of the major outfits at Entertainment Weekly following this link.

1 comment:

  1. "It truly sucks being a guy, because you're forced into the stereotypical suit and tie, whereas the women get such a dramatic variation of what they can wear"

    Well, the guys can always go in drag, that's what Matt Trey and stone Parker did in the 2000 ceremony. And they pulled the look off (in my opinion)

    ReplyDelete